Getting legal help

Live outside of Canada or visiting from another country and need legal aid services in Ontario?

We may be able to help if you qualify, have a legal matter in Ontario, and you:

  • live outside of Canada
  • are a visitor
  • are here on a visa or temporary resident permit
  • are a person without status and have been in Ontario for less than one year (for example: you have overstayed your visitor's visa or are a refugee claimant)

We do not provide service for matters outside of Ontario.

For more information or to apply contact our call centre at 416‑979‑1446. You can call collect.

When you call, tell us immediately if you need an interpreter so we can get you one for free.