Getting legal help

Ontario Disability Support Program / Ontario Works

You can get help with Ontario Disability Support Program (ODSP) or Ontario Works (OW) through most legal clinics if the Ontario government:

  • reduced the amount of money you get from OW or ODSP and you want to appeal
  • stopped your OW or ODSP income and you want to appeal
  • told you that you cannot get ODSP and you want to appeal.

A legal clinic will not charge you for legal advice, but they may ask you to pay for certain fees such as court filing and medical record fees.

If you receive a letter that says the government is going to suspend or cancel your OW or ODSP, call or email your caseworker at your local Ontario Works office immediately.

Find a legal clinic near you.